Advertiser: Blackstone Group LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Aug 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Maintenance & Handyperson Services
About the business and the role
Blackstone was founded in 2007 and is a wholly New Zealand owned and operates group of companies specializing in hospitality and property management and services in New Zealand. The group has a range of revenue streams across hotel, residential and commercial properties and currently have a lot of projects within the BSpoke Services Division.
We are looking for a maintenance technician/handy man to help with maintenance duties for a period of three months.
Job tasks and responsibilities
General building maintenance, light painting and other handyman tasks are some of the tasks you will likely perform. Most of our buildings and hotel are located in Auckland CBD.
Skills and experience
We are looking for someone who;
- Has some painting experience;
- Has handyman and/or general maintenance experience;
- Has some NZ trade qualifications;
- Has a drivers licence;
- Is physically fit;
- Is able to complete light maintenance e.g. water blasting, plastering
- Is available for at least 12 months;
- Is enthusiastic and outgoing;
- Can work under pressure;
- Can work unsupervised;
- Has a head for heights
- Has experience with power tools such as drills, saws etc
- Has demonstrated a Health & Safety focus.
Staff and immediate family have access to a range of facilities at discounted rates.
A range of career paths and on-going training are provided.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.
To apply please email your CV complete with a cover letter.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?