Graduate Engineer Opportunity - Exclusive opportunity in the Aviation Industry!
Advertiser: Christchurch Engine CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Aug 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Christchurch Engine Centre (CHCEC) is a high profile and experienced Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) centre for all models of V2500 engine at its world-class facility at Christchurch International Airport.
CHCEC is the top-ranked MRO facility in the Pratt & Whitney MRO network, a success attributed to the quality of our workmanship and the incorporation of our values of dependability, innovation, integrity, customer service, teamwork, excellence, adaptability and accountability in every job that we do.
OUR GRADUATE PROGRAMME
Our Graduate Programme will provide you with a unique opportunity to work in an outstanding business where excellence and technical advancement is continuous.
The programme is a two year, structured programme that will rotate the Graduate through four of our engineering teams including Process, Powerplant and Production Engineering.
Over time, with training, mentoring and practical work experience, your skills and knowledge will be developed to undertake activities such as:
- Project manage the technical aspects associated with the introduction of new repairs or capability
- Design of new tooling
- Undertake process reviews to ensure compliance, identify opportunities to eliminate or minimise risk and propose actions to drive continuous improvement and productivity benefits
We are looking for a person who:
- Is in their final year of study towards a Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering (Mechanical or similar)
- Has a keen interest in aviation
- Has a high level of initiative & excellent communication skills
- Is able to work effectively in a team environment
- Shows flexibility and adaptability in their work
- Has strong ability and desire to learn and apply new technology
- Is available to commence employment in Jan/Feb 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online with your CV and cover letter. Applications close 13th September 2019.
CHCEC is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and drug test.
Applications for this positon should have New Zealand Residency or a valid NZ Work Visa.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?