Companion Walking Service Coordinator (0.5 FTE)
Advertiser: Age Concern Wellington IncMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Aug 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Volunteer Coordination & Support
Do you want to make a difference? If you enjoy helping older people, like getting out and about in the community and are super organised then this could be for you.
At Age Concern Wellington we want to find new, innovative ways we can help older people thrive and become engaged with their communities. Our Companion Walking Service (CWS) is one of our new projects that we’re piloting this spring. The aim of this service is to improve our clients’ physical and mental wellbeing by providing a volunteer to assist them on a regular walk in their community. The focus is on walking as physical exercise with a volunteer to ensure their safety and provide companionship.
We’re now looking for someone to help us put our plan into action. Our CWS Coordinator will work with our CEO to implement the programme and will have responsibility for the day-to-day running of the service. The main focus will be on looking after all aspects of our relationship with our clients and volunteers and coordinating bookings for walks with volunteer availability.
The role will involve:
- Visiting prospective clients to discuss their requirements and assess their ability
- Recruiting, training and coordinating volunteers
- Matching volunteers with clients
- Managing bookings and payments
- Promoting the service within the community.
Our Coordinator will have:
- Experience of working with older people and an understanding of the health issues they may face
- Empathy with older people and an ability to assess their needs
- Great communication and relationship building skills
- Excellent organising and problem solving skills
- Initiative, integrity and self-motivation
- Computer competency and an ability to learn new systems quickly
- A full clean driver’s licence and car
This role is based in our Wellington office where you’ll be one of our small team of friendly coordinators. Flexibility and adaptability are essential, as is willingness to help with our other services when required.
The CWS Coordinator position is a part-time role at 20 hours per week. As it is a pilot project the role is fixed term for 12 months.
Full training will be given to the successful applicant.
Age Concern Wellington is a registered charity and is part of a nationwide network of 33 Age Concerns. For more information on our services and a position description see our website www.acwellington.org.nz.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
For more information, contact our CEO, Jacqui Eyley on 027 447 4765
Applications close at 12.00pm, Friday 30th August 2019.
Applicants for this position must be a New Zealand resident or have a valid Work Visa.