TEAM LEADER - YOUTH SERVICES
Advertiser: Horowhenua Learning CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Aug 2019
- Manawatu, Rest of Manawatu
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Life to the Max (LTTM) is a registered Charitable Trust with a vision to help Horowhenua young people realise their full potential and support them to create opportunities for their future. The Youth Services team is made up of youth coaches who support this vision by connecting young people into education and employment.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Team Leader to join our Levin based team. The main focus of this role is to function as an active, supportive and collaborative member of the Life to the Max team delivering on the strategic direction of the organisation and implement service quality improvements
This is a full time, permanent position.
The successful applicant will lead a team of Youth Workers to ensure the timely, effective provision of services to NEETS, Youth Payment and Young Parent Payment clients
Applicants should have …
- A relevant tertiary qualification – this may be from a range of disciplines including: youth work, social work, community development, education, drug and alcohol counselling, social policy
- Experience in working with a team
- Experience working with young people and families
- Current New Zealand drivers licence
- No criminal convictions (as per requirement for agencies working directly with children and young persons)
It would also be an advantage to have:
- Relevant experience in a community support services role
- Current First Aid certificate
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook databases
- Te reo me ona tikanga Maori
- Non-violent intervention training
The successful applicant will have an enthusiasm and passion for working with youth and making a difference to their lives by supporting and motivating them to achieve their goals for sustainable employment or further higher education.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact Samantha Coromandel, Manager Life to the Max on 06 368 8005.
To apply send your CV and covering letter to our CEO at the email address below by 30 August 2019.
12A Exeter Street, Levin, 5540
Phone: (06) 368 8005
To find out more about LTTM, check us out at www.lifetothemax.org.nz
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?