Desktop Support Engineer - Level 1 (Cloud)
Advertiser: rhipeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Aug 2019
- Auckland, Rodney & North Shore
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
As a leading Cloud Software Distributor throughout the Asia-Pacific region, joining the rhipe team brings a unique opportunity to transfer your on-premise skills into cloud technologies.
The selected applicants will provide frontline support for our channel partners and paid support clients across a range of vendors, focusing on Microsoft cloud services. You will be the contact for clients' support queries, providing troubleshooting and responses to issues via phone, email or through remote support.
Applicants must be highly self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and initiative, plus impeccable analytical and troubleshooting skills, and an eye for detail and quality. Excellent team coordination and communication skills, along with the ability to work independently is required.
Our perfect candidate would have 2 years or greater Helpdesk & Support experience with an IT Managed Services Provider or IT Support company, be comfortable with both on-site and remote support, and be able to troubleshoot and resolve issues across a wide range of areas including local networking, infrastructure, application and desktop support. Additionally, they will have some Administration experience across the Microsoft platform.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide 1st level support by responding to customer requests for technical support via phone, email and remote support tools.
- Provide resolutions within pre-defined SLA timeframes.
- Follow call logging and escalation process and procedures.
- Perform problem analysis and isolate problems with varying degrees of complexity.
- Support & maintain a managed services platform.
- Participate in creation and maintenance of technical documentation, client records, process development and knowledge base articles.
- Coordinate with other business units to increase customer satisfaction and meet KPI objectives.
- Ability to work shifts or non-standard hours as needed, possibly including weekends.
Required skills and experience:
1) A previous position with an IT Managed Services Provider, with a minimum 18-24 months Helpdesk experience, and both on-site and remote support experience in that time.
2) Demonstrated experience with providing end user/desktop support across on Windows and Mac clients through telephone, email, support ticket and remote support tools.
3) Experience with Windows Server and related technologies including Active Directory/DNS, Exchange and Remote Desktop Services.
4) A clear understanding of the Office 365 platform and components, with experience in Office 365 administration, licensing, user and profile management.
5) Ability to review, trace and diagnose email deliverability issues including header/log analysis, Blacklist checking, SPF and DKIM/DMARC.
6) Networking and Internet Access skills including routing, switching, IP Addressing and CIDR subnetting, ability to diagnose and fix issues relating to Domain Names and DNS, and exposure to VoIP/SIP telephony.
7) Proficiency in written English to an NCEA level, including spelling and grammar.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Previous technical support role with experience in the Microsoft CSP program (Direct Bill Partner or Indirect Reseller) will be highly advantageous.
- Experience with virtualisation platforms such as Hyper-V or VMware, and cloud infrastructure such as Azure or AWS including various operating systems and cloud services.
- Experience in administering or supporting cloud productivity applications, e.g. G Suite, Zoho, Salesforce.
- Webhosting experience with cPanel/Plesk or LAMP-stack derivatives.
- Any cybersecurity training or work experience.
- Oral and written fluency in languages other than English.
Additionally, we prefer applicants to have at least one industry certification. Our ideal applicants would have an Office 365, Sharepoint, Windows 10, Azure or Licensing certification from Microsoft. Alternatively, any ITIL, Cisco, CompTIA, VMware, Veeam, Citrix or similar certifications would be well regarded. Successful applicants will be expected to achieve both the MS-100 and MS-101 certifications within the first 12 months of employment.
Applications will only be accepted from New Zealand citizens or permanent residents, no visa sponsorship, relocation or telecommuting is offered with this position. Applicants must also be residents of Greater Auckland unless accompanied by a Cover Letter.
rhipe is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives by providing a pleasant and supportive place to work.
What can Rhipe offer you?
At rhipe, we offer an attractive remuneration package for applicants meeting the required skills. Outstanding candidates with additional desirable skills and experience will have their salary negotiated.
Additionally, we provide career planning and progression into our Level 2 or Product Specialist roles across Office 365, Azure, Dynamics 365 and other products through defined training plans plus professional development and support. We have a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork, flexibility and work-life balance.
Other benefits include: Access to technology and training, paid certification exams and achievement bonuses, an Employee Assistance Program, an extra day of leave per year, study and volunteer leave, plus the added advantage of working with a global award-winning team.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What is your expected annual salary?
- How many weeks' notice are you required to give your current employer?