Advertiser: Kayasand Holdings LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Aug 2019
- Waikato, Hamilton
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Administration & Office Support, Office Management
If you enjoy working with a dynamic and ambitious team in an early stage company working to transform an industry, then this could be the opportunity for you.
We are looking for an experienced office administrator who is passionate about new challenges, developing efficient processes and helping create a dynamic company culture.
Kayasand is a New Zealand company that designs and builds hi-tech processing plants for manufacturing premium concrete sand. Our initial markets are New Zealand, Australia and the UK.
Concrete production is currently highly dependent on good quality natural sand. However, dredging of natural sand is becoming more difficult in some areas due to substantial environmental damage and high freight costs. Meanwhile, many quarries have huge surpluses of crusher dust, which is a by-product of the crushing process.
Kayasand plants process crusher dust to make the best quality manufactured concrete sand in the world, with the quality to completely replace natural sand for concrete production. This offers substantial economic benefits to quarries that struggle to sell their crusher dust.
With this new technology, we are creating an exciting new industry from New Zealand.
The role will involve the following activities:
- Data entry – Loading transactions into our accounting system for end of month reporting.
- Board meeting organisation – Organising board meetings, helping to prepare papers and minute taking.
- General administration – Booking travel, filing, maintaining office supplies, liaising with suppliers
- Developing systems and processes – to streamline operations and accommodate company growth while ensuring best practice business management.
- PR and Media – Updating and maintaining the website and other publicity material.
To do the job, you’ll need the following skills:
- High levels of proficiency with Microsoft office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with an online accounting system such as Xero or MYOB AccountRight.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Enthusiasm for learning new things and working in a small, ambitious team striving for continuous improvement and producing a quality outcome.
- A great attitude with the ability to methodically work through complex challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The following skills would also be an advantage but not essential:
- Accounting experience, such as preparing GST returns and management accounts, or a qualification as a Chartered Accountant.
- Graphic design experience
- Website design and maintenance experience.
- Excellent written communication skills for press releases, marketing material and board communication.
At Kayasand we have a strong team culture and we are looking for an applicant who is a team player and fosters a collaborative environment.
This permanent role will be part time starting at about 20 hours per week, but it could evolve into something more as the company grows. Flexible working hours can be negotiated to accommodate family or other professional commitments.
It will be based at Kayasand’s offices in Hamilton. The building is a collegial environment of early stage, hi-tech companies in areas such as 3D imaging and cell sorting.
Please direct confidential enquiries to Michelle de Beer on 021 798 882. For further information, visit the website www.kayasand.com.
All applicants must be based in Hamilton and eligible to work in New Zealand.
To apply, email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 28th August.