Architectural CAD Designer (Solidworks)
Advertiser: Architecture van BrandenburgMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Aug 2019
- Otago, Dunedin
- $25 - $34.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Architectural Drafting
Job Title: 3d cad Modelmaker (Solidworks)
Reporting to: Design Manager and CAD modelling leader on a day to day basis and ultimately to Senior Partner.
This position is responsible for producing high quality 3d CAD design models. There will be a requirement to be able to work independently and as a part of an effective team.
- Proficient in Solidworks, competency in surface modelling
- Take instructions from Design Managers, in all aspects of daily duties
- Develop designs from sketch design / sketch model
Qualities and skills required Essential
- Able to demonstrate ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- Legally able to work in the country in which the position is based
- Able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and ability of model making skills
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of CAD modelling
- Able to understand architectural drawings and quickly decipher relevant information required
- Good level of 2D CAD skills is beneficial.
- Able to work well within a team
- Able to manage and prioritise time and tasks efficiently
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to remain calm and resilient at all times
- Good written and verbal communication skills and articulate and diplomatic manner
- Good interpersonal skills and able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Able to work as part of an effective team assisting and supporting team members
- Self motivated and able to take responsibility
- Understanding and adherence to the principles at Architecture van Brandenburg
- Flexible attitude and willingness to learn new skills
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure while remaining calm and professional at all times
- Empathy with a creative environment
- Appreciation of, and commitment to the business of the Practice
- Due to the nature of the position and the requirement to meet deadlines there will be a requirement to work additional hours as necessary
Position Available immediately
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work. Job descriptions will be reviewed regularly and where necessary revised in accordance with organisational needs. Any major changes will be discussed with the post holder.
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Have you completed a qualification in architecture?