Advertiser: The Bealey HotelMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Aug 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Front Office & Guest Services
Set above the majestic Waimakariri and Bealey rivers, In the Arthurs Pass National Park, the Bealey Hotel is one of New Zealand’s oldest established hotels.
Currently undergoing a full retrofit of the rooms and lodge we are looking for a dedicated professional to add to the guests experience. The hotel is currently closed and will reopen at the start of Oct 2019
This position is perfect for someone that loves the outdoors and has a passion for people and the desire to make them feel welcome and comfortable. The role will be split between Food and beverage service, house keeping and guest services.
We will be expecting you to have experience in:
- High volume day time and evening trade
- Working under pressure with a smile on your face
- Being the first to arrive and last to leave
- Working in a small dedicated team
- Problem solving
- Creating a culture of care for the staff and guests
Because you will need to show us:
- Experience in high volume food and beverage service in a cafe, bar and or restaurant
- Able to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in
- Friendly and professional customer service experience
- Stock rotation, ordering and management
- Excellent time management skills
- Be able to remain cool calm and collected
The right passion to provide our guests with a quality, memorable food and beverage experience to enhance their stay.
An eye for detail to ensure the guest rooms are clean, tidy and ready to enhance the guest experience.
In return we will provide you with a fun and caring team environment, excellent renumeration that includes on site accomodation and meals. Time to enjoy the wilderness to hunt, fish, tramp, mountain bike and enjoy the alpine scenery and lifestyle.
This position is not for the faint hearted, it is isolated and it will be busy. If you are looking for an easy role with light work, low responsibility and short hours then keep scrolling. There will be split shifts, back to backs and long hours and pressure. We are there to ensure our guests get the best experience we can give them, they will always come first.
This role is permanent, full time and long term. Applicants will need to have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
For a rewarding career in one of NZ’s most picturesque locations send your CV and cover letter outlining your experience and desire to move to the middle of nowhere to work your ass off, to email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?