Counsellor Social Practice Team
Advertiser: Friendship HouseMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Aug 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Community Development
Friendship House is working from a multidisciplinary and innovative perspective. We are looking for a counsellor who is appropriately qualified or working towards a qualification and an assessor for our Living Without Violence programmes, whose experience will need to include work in the prevention of domestic violence.
Successful applicants will have:
- Experience working with a range of professional disciplines to achieve best practice and contractual outcomes
- Excellent AOD, Mental Health and Care and Protection lenses
- Fantastic people skills especially when faced with challenging behaviours
- Good computer skills and great verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated cross-cultural skills with a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the diversity of Manukau
- Professional body registration or be eligible for and willing to achieve this
The successful applicant for the Programmes Assessor role will also have:
- Well-developed skills in working with family violence, particularly with men
- Preferably current or recent accreditation to run MOJ programmes with men
Both roles involve:
- Delivering a range of social services including counselling and/or social work support, domestic violence programmes for men and other life skills
- Working with others to develop innovative and sustainable services with individuals, couples and families/whanau
- Working primarily from the ground floor of our Community Centre, with some home visiting as required
Ability in more than one language would be an advantage but is not a requirement.
Friendship House requires a commitment to living a violence and addiction-free lifestyle, personally and professionally.
Phone Roshni Simmons for an application pack (09) 8692832
or email email@example.com
Applications close at noon on Monday 30 August 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in community services?
- How many years' experience do you have as a social worker?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?