Managed Services Engineer & Customer Services Representative
Advertiser: BTG LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Aug 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Business Technology Group (BTG) is a well-established and rapidly growing Technology Service Provider that takes great pride in fostering an intelligent and creative environment which provides growth and opportunity for all our employees.
We are an awesome bunch of people, with a reputation of success as the IT partner for over 400 businesses throughout New Zealand and Australia and are on the lookout for a keen Christchurch based individual with a desire to learn new skills and technologies.
Who we are looking for:
This is a 50/50 role with half of your time spent working with the Managed Service Team where you would work with a small team of Engineers that keep our clients’ systems running with monitoring and proactive maintenance.
The other half of your time will be spent in the Customer Services team where you will facilitate the connection of our clients with our Engineers.
Ultimately, you need to be a team player and have a good sense of humour, but aside from that, to be successful in this role, you will need to have superior customer service skills.
You also need to be an effective communicator with exceptional English (both verbal and written), an excellent telephone manner and great interpersonal skills.
Exceptional time management is critical, as is an ability to produce quality documentation that is easy to understand by clients and colleagues.
Bonus points for the following:
Experience in, or a keen desire to learn the following skills is advantageous:
- Various RMM platforms and technologies
- WMI, SNMP TELNET AND SSH monitoring protocols and techniques
- Scripting languages and especially PowerShell
- Proactive patch scheduling and approvals
- Vulnerability management
- Microsoft SQL and PostgreSQL databases
- Data warehousing and report creation
- Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems
- Patching of Microsoft and 3rd party applications
You will need to have the following key skills and attributes:
- A strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Enjoy working in customer services
- A high degree of emotional intelligence
- A proven ability to work well with a diverse range of people
If this role is of interest BTG can provide you with:
- A work-life balance to be envied
- Variety and career path options
- An fantastic team environment
- The flexibility that comes with working for a privately-owned New Zealand company.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- How would you rate your English language skills?