Swimming Pool and Compliance Administration Officer
Advertiser: Wellington City CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Aug 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Government & Defence, Government
We are seeking an experienced Swimming Pool and Compliance Administration Officer to provide administration support services to the Building Compliance and Consenting teams.
Your day to day tasks will be varied and include:
- assessment of swimming/spa pool and building compliance related data/information and entering data/information into our systems
- recording and saving decisions/statuses for swimming/spa pool and building consents and all applications appropriately
- sending and receiving requests for further information /documentation for the swimming/spa pool and building compliance processes
- provide support services for the issuing of Code Compliance Certificates
- answering incoming calls and assisting customers with their queries.
We are looking for someone who has experience in the following areas:
- Providing quality administrative services in a customer services environment
- Providing quality customer service
- Written and oral communication - including effectively communicating with people for whom English is a second language
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships
- The Microsoft suite of tools, and the ability to learn new systems quickly
Relevant local government administration experience and working knowledge of the Building Act 2004 would be desirable.
This role reports to the Team Leader Operations (Building Administration).
The successful applicant will also have the ability to undertake administration tasks in other parts of the unit as required, be an enthusiastic team player and have experience working within a politically sensitive environment.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand to apply for this job.
Applications close 5pm Friday, 23 August 2019.
We're looking for people who share our passion for Wellington and have the same values that we do - to make our city an even better place to live and work.