Drug Free Sport NZ Educator
Advertiser: Drug Free Sport NZMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Aug 2019
- Waikato, Rest of Waikato
- $100 per workshop
- Work Type
- Sport & Recreation, Other
About the business
Drug Free Sport New Zealand (DFSNZ) is New Zealand's national anti-doping organisation committed to protecting and promoting a culture of clean, drug free sport. In conjunction with a comprehensive Testing and Investigations programme, DFSNZ is responsible for education and promotion of clean sport.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity in Waikato for a new Educator to join the DFSNZ education team. As an external contractor to DFSNZ, you will facilitate workshops to elite-level, national and development athletes and their support personnel. You will also facilitate values-based workshops in secondary schools. You will facilitate content provided by DFSNZ be required to present content provided by DFSNZ and work is on as-required basis. On occasion, you may also be asked to facilitate Outreach Programmes at various sports events. It will be preferred if the successful candidate can occasionally travel overnight to deliver workshops regionally.
As a contractor, you will be paid per workshop. On average, you will deliver 25 workshops per year.
Benefits and perks
This role provides the opportunity to educate athletes and support personnel and gain a unique insight into various sporting environments.
As a contractor, this role provides the freedom to incorporate this work around other commitments you may have.
Skills and experience
We are seeking a confident, personable individual who is passionate about clean sport. The ideal candidate will be a current or former athlete who has experience in delivering workshops. You will need to have confidence to present to large audiences and the ability to engage with a wide range of athletes across a variety of settings. You must have flexibility to be available during the day, evenings and weekends.
- Live in Waikato
- Previous experience in education and public speaking
- Available to work during the day, weekends and evenings as requested
- Passion for clean sport and anti-doping
- Hold a valid driver's licence and have access to your own vehicle
- Self-organisation and efficient communication skills
- Over 20 years of age
- Has initiative and ability to adapt methods of delivery to suit specific target audiences at short notice
- A current or former athlete
- Experience working with both senior and youth athletes
- Interest in sport and clean competition
Applications close Sunday September 1st at 5pm.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have a current Police Check (Criminal Record Check) for employment?