Architectural Designer - Intermediate
Advertiser: Mike Greer HomesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Aug 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Architecture
Mike Greer Homes is New Zealand’s largest independent residential construction company with operations throughout the country. With experience across a range of residential developments including standalone, medium density, social and retirement housing, Mike Greer Homes has established itself as the industry market leader.
As our workload continues to grow our wonderful team of Designers has a space for an Intermediate Architectural Designer to come on board. This role is based at our central city office in Deans Ave overlooking Hagley Park. Please note this role is not suitable for a graduate.
Ideally, our new Designer (you ) will have 3+ years’ recent experience incorporating standalone and medium to high density residential design, preferably within New Zealand.
Knowledge and / or experience in Homestar 6 and above would be an advantage. Being a clear and confident communicator is essential as you will work collaboratively with our Design, Working Drawings and Compliance team, and also our national Sales team ensuring we deliver excellence to our valued clients.
As an intermediate Designer you will be supportive of our junior team members as they develop their skills and knowledge. In return, you will receive mentoring to ensure you develop your individuality and skills as a Designer. .
- 3+ years’ experience in residential design, multi-units and commercial
- Tertiary qualification in Design and / or Architecture
- Competent user of ArchiCad 22 or higher
- Strong working knowledge of NZ Building Codes and Standards
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with Homestar 6+
- Proven ability to go “over and above” to deliver quality and accurate designs to agreed completion dates
- Strong self-management skills, emotional intelligence and sense of humour
- Ability to work independently and use feedback positively
- Make meaningful contributions to team meetings
- Support from your manager and the wider team
- Negotiable remuneration based on your experience
- Subsidised Health Insurance and Banking benefits
- A fabulous team of talented and hard-working people
- A free daily coffee, a Friday cold one and social events
Mike Greer Homes is an award-winning residential construction company with a growing workload and strong future focus. Join us today.
Please apply using the Seek “Apply Now” link. You are welcome to attach an electronic portfolio.
If you require further information regarding this role you can contact Lynn de Cort (National Recruitment) on LDeCort@mikegreerhomes.co.nz. Please do not send your applications via email.
This vacancy is NOT open for agency referrals.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a designer?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Have you completed a qualification in architecture?