Assistant Home Stager/Mover
Advertiser: Foxx and Filly LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Aug 2019
- Wellington, Porirua & Kapiti Coast
- $18.00 per hour
- Work Type
- Design & Architecture, Interior Design
We are looking for a bright individual to join our Foxx & Filly team and fulfill the duties of an assistant stager/mover. Our team has a high level of ownership, initiative, and accountability no matter what role they hold. We are looking for an individual who has a positive attitude, is ready to work, and can be a team player. This position will be fast-paced, challenging, and demanding; but it is also a rewarding position with room for potential growth. Candidate must be motivated and hard-working.
While the outside world sees the glitz and glamour of design and staging all over television shows, magazines, and social media there is A LOT of “behind the scenes” action to achieve that look. This job will be physical, dirty, and exhausting; there will be a lot of sweat, blood, and maybe even a few tears along the way. You will be required to lift/move furniture, load vans, travel and pack/unload items on a daily basis. An assistant stager will work with the project’s lead stager to ensure that the properties we stage meet Foxx & Filly Brand & Design Standards. They will assist with a variety of tasks throughout the project.
Our Ideal Employee will demonstrate these characteristics and skills:
- Positive Attitude
- Ready to Work
- Mature & Professional Behavior
- Hard Worker
- Organized & Manages Time Efficiently
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Team Player
- Flexible & Willingness to “Go with the Flow”
- Problem Solver
- Learn Foxx & Filly’s Design & Brand Standards
- Loading/Unloading furniture to and from the warehouse, van and properties.
- Building furniture
- Driving work vehicles to/from job sites
- Hanging artwork
- Furniture placement
- Steaming soft goods
- Cleaning & Final Touches
- Taking direction from lead stagers on a job
- Cleaning & organizing warehouse space
- Monday – Friday Daytime Availability. No guaranteed hours. The position is estimated to be about 15 – 25 hours available weekly depending on our workload.
- Must be capable of lifting 20+ kgs. Ability to lift, carry, and move furniture.
- Ability to drive vehicles as necessary
- Working Cell Phone
- Reliable Transportation
- Clean Driving Record
- Valid Driver’s License
Must be willing to travel to Otaki to report for work. In most instances, a company vehicle is provided to travel to and from/job sites however, the employee may be asked to use their personal vehicle on occasion with mileage reimbursement.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?