Advertiser: Kawai PurapuraMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Aug 2019
- Auckland, Rodney & North Shore
- $25 per Hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Assistants/Coordinators
Kawai Purapura Retreat Centre is New Zealand’s largest Retreat Centre, Nestled in a private and secluded nineteen-acre sanctuary of native forest. It is owned by The Prema Charitable Trust. On site we have five indoor retreat venues, a café, catering kitchen, an outdoor swimming pool, spa and sauna as well as many open green spaces and opportunities to explore the grounds with bush walks. We offer a range of classes (yoga,meditation etc), retreats, programmes and festivals, and many organisations book our venues to hold
similar events of their own.
Kawai Purapura’s Vision and Purpose Statement:
“ To create a sacred place where we transform the way we relate with the land, each other and the planet, so that future generations will live in a healthier, harmonious, socially responsible, spiritually aware, regenerative world.”
Kawai Purapura’s Values:
- Aroha; love and caring for all
- Rangimarie; peacefulness in all our activities
- Mahi Tika; appropriate activity that respects others
- Pono; fostering the truth that we are all connected
Kawai Purapura’s Overarching Aspiration:
Kāwai Purapura provides a space where awakening can happen. It is a meeting place of learning, of healing, of service, a space of openness and re-connection to the earth, to others, to Soul and to the Self that is present within all and is all.
The Marketing Co-ordinator position is a 25 hour per week role.
Monday to Friday 9am – 3pm
Skills and experience required for the position of Marketing Coordinator
About the Role
The role delivers a range of marketing activities across our organisation promoting the centre as a whole
and its three key streams: accommodation (residential and casual), venue hire and external retreat
bookings and our own variety of events, retreats and classes. We run Yoga Teacher Training and other Yoga events, Traditional Maori Healing Programmes and Youth initiatives. You will be inspiring and leading a team of volunteers to assist in areas of responsibility.
Areas of responsibility are:
- Event marketing & sales
- Communications & copyrighting
- Managing online/digital marketing and social media
- Web content & development (WordPress based)
- Email newsletters (MailChimp based)
- Volunteer management (managing three part-time volunteers and delegating tasks)
- Creating branding for new events as well as promotional materials
- Reaching out to local media who could help to promote our events with free PR or paid advertorial
- Keeping track of event budgets and making decisions on where to spend money for the best ROI
- Marketing approx. 15-20 events throughout the year
- Ensure outstanding promotion of two annual festivals: International Yoga Festival and Voices of Sacred Earth Festival
- Promotion of annual Youth summit
- Develop and run Corporate Wellness Programmes
- Develop and run Out of the classroom programmes for primary schools and deliver successfully
You will need to be:
- A great all-rounder with hands-on experience in different areas of marketing
- Collaborative and cooperative working alongside other people
- An effective communicator both verbally and in writing (fluent English is essential for this role)
- Skilled in areas of computer software and quick at picking up new systems
- Have excellent organisational skills and effective time management
- Experienced in previous marketing roles, a minimum of two years' experience in a similar role is
We're looking for someone who can share our enthusiasm about the work we do and readily take up the
reins of this busy and broad marketing role. Some familiarity with yoga or other forms of spirituality will be
an advantage but are not essential as long as you are open minded and willing to learn about the types of
events on offer.
If you are a certified Yoga Instructor there will be opportunities to teach as part of our community class
Submit you application
$25 per hour
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in a marketing role?