Advertiser: Aon New ZealandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Aug 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Insurance & Superannuation, Workers' Compensation
As our new Case Coordinator, you will work hand in hand with a Case Manager to help manage a portfolio of clients. This role sits in our ‘WorkAon’ division, which supports people with complex injuries or wellness issues either return to the work force or create a sense of independence for each unique individual.
Day-to-day you might work on:
- Client interaction – providing updates, taking messages, delivering documents
- Customer service – providing a high level of care to our important customers
- Supporting the wider team as required
- Ad hoc administration
Attitude is everything! We don’t mind what experience you come with, as long as you’re willing and able to learn!
This is a busy role that would be suited to someone who enjoys being busy, is happy to lend a helping hand where needed, and is comfortable changing priorities and switching between tasks.
We will be looking for:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional and corporate presentation
- Proven organizational and administration competency
- Sensitivity and empathy
- Previous experience in a similar role would be advantageous
We have a number of opportunities within Work Aon across the country. For further information please check the vacancies on our Aon Careers website.
Aon Culture & Benefits
At Aon, we provide colleagues with the support to make a positive impact together with ongoing opportunities for development, including the support of a team which will continually inspire you to achieve the best.
We currently have approximately 850 employees in New Zealand. Globally, we have an employee base of 50,000 people, working across 120 countries. This allows us to build the best teams and gather the best thinking from around the world to deliver quality solutions and service locally.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and we invite you to be part of an organisation that has a diverse workplace, values continuous learning and supports many charities and