Advertiser: Manukau Urban Maori AuthorityMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Aug 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Who are we?
Shaping Urban Māori Futures, Manukau Urban Māori Authority (MUMA) has been leading a movement for over 30 years, forging and shaping the rights of Māori in urban settings.
It's all about whānau... whānau is the way urban Māori connect and relate. In the absence of traditional hierarchies urban Māori have engaged and connected via relationships based on hāpori and whānau.
In the urban context we are whānau and whānau are us.
This unique status permits us to hold a privileged relationship with whānau. We have meaningful and frequent conversations as whānau. Our strong and constant presence, our vigilance and advocacy for the rights of whānau and our communities means MUMA is trusted. We place whānau at the core of our business and at the forefront of our strategies.
Achieving and fulfilling our vision is our purpose and our legacy.
About the role :
We are looking for a qualified ICT Administrator to maintain our ICT system. You will be the one to ensure that adequate IT infrastructure is in place and is used to its maximum capabilities. As an ICT Administrator, you must be well versed in computer systems and network functions. The ideal candidate will be able to work diligently and accurately and will possess great problem-solving ability in order to fix issues and ensure functionality.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers, etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, keyboards, etc.) to ensure the functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging, etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place order
- Manage website and social channels
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven experience as a computer technician or similar role
- Good knowledge about Microsoft products (Office 365)
- Experience with LAN/WAN networks
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems and IT components
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Very good communication abilities
- Basic knowledge about web development
- Exceptional organizing and time-management skills
- Qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Relevant certifications will be an advantage
- Ability to work with flexibility
- Current Full Driver License
CLOSING DATE: 23rd August 2019
Please send your CV and Cover Letter through via email to email@example.com.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- Have you completed a qualification in ICT?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?