Advertiser: Youthline AucklandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Aug 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
join an established not-for-profit and help change lives!
- 35 Hours Per Week.
- Ponsonby based
- CAANZ Approved Training Employer
Youthline Auckland is a well established and respected Not-For-Profit, specialising in Youth Development, Volunteering and Community Spaces. We are currently looking for an Assistant Accountant to join a friendly and professional team.
You will be confident with excellent accounting skills, systems experience, and a good eye for detail. You will be able to work independently and have advanced communication skills enabling you to deal effectively with both internal and external stakeholders. You will also be a team player with proven ability to interact well with colleagues and business partners.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance of the general ledger through to trial balance, including all ledger reconciliations
- Ensuring the integrity of the FMS is maintained
- Bank Reconciliation and related cash handling processes
- Assistance with production of management accounts and other financial statements
- Assistance with audits and budget preparation
- Working with a range of managers and staff to ensure their information needs are met.
- Administration of the payroll system and related tasks
You will have:
- Well developed accounting skills
- A high level of competency with Excel
- Familiarity with a number of accounting systems and in particular Xero accounting software.
- An appreciation of the not for profit sector and experience working for a charity or similar organisations will be an advantage.
Youthline Auckland is a CAANZ ATE, so we can provide mentoring and relevant experience for AT, ACA and CA Candidates
...and of course, on top of all of this, we want a person with a passion for Youthline’s work with young people and families.
Please apply through SEEK if you are the right person for the job
Applications close 8am Monday 26 August
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?