Advertiser: Long ResourcesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Aug 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Editing & Publishing
Join this Fortune 500 client for a year long renewable contract,
Creative news editor sought for NZ digital team curating content across web and Windows apps.
We are seeking a thorough and creative editor to curate daily coverage on its MSN homepage, News, Finance, Sport, Entertainment and Lifestyle channels.
The successful candidates will have a Bachelor's degree in journalism or similar discipline, a solid understanding of the NZ news agenda and its audience, sharp copy-writing skills and a strong eye for news imagery. Experience: 1-5 years in journalism (ideal, but not necessary, will take new grad). Digital newsroom experience is preferred. We will consider recent graduates with limited professional experience. The role is based in Auckland.
• Produce daily news coverage including editing text and images; sub-editing; copy-tasting using a digital content management system
• Determine the right content mix using a multitude of sources
• Pitch, analyse and explain editorial programming choices
• Help develop and improve processes, quality standards and workflows
• Hands-on content publishing using a content management system including copy editing, headline writing, photo selection and production, multimedia integration.
Reporting & analysis
• Use analytics to refine programming choices and increase user engagement
Knowledge and Experience
• One-to-five years' editorial experience in a consumer-focused daily publishing environment (ideal or transferrable/personal skills/exp will be considered)
• Digital newsroom experience is preferred
• Solid editorial judgment with the ability to select and present compelling stories
• Ability to make rapid decisions in high pressure situations
• Ability to use analytics to inform news judgment
• Ability to work quickly and juggle a number of competing priorities
• Willingness to adapt to changes in the online publishing environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Experience of web publishing platforms and programs, including Photoshop, HTML and content management systems
• Familiarity with audience tracking tool such as Omniture and an understanding of online metrics such as PVs, UUs, time online and video streams
• Demonstrated understanding of digital news curation (how to find, select, rank and sell a news story)
• Proficiency in image selection, production and publishing
Personal Attributes / Interpersonal Skills
• Proven analytical/problem-solving skills and an ability to learn and adapt in a changing environment
• Ability to rank competing editorial priorities under time pressure
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Openness, collaboration and the ability to work in a group setting
• Very strong team player with ability to work on own initiative
• Highly organised and attentive to detail
Apply now for an Immediate Interview!!!!