Advertiser: Auckland/Waikato Fish & Game CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Aug 2019
- Waikato, Hamilton
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Legal, Environment & Planning Law
About the business and the role
Fish & Game is a statutory body charged with protecting and enhancing gamebird and sports fish habitat on behalf of angling and hunting licence holders. New Zealand's lakes, rivers and wetlands are under threat from degradation and we are looking for a motivated individual to join our fight to protect freshwater resources for future generations.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Auckland/Waikato Fish & Game is looking to appoint an enthusiastic Environmental Officer to join our team base in Hamilton. The successful applicant will undertake duties associated with the Resource Management Act, including field inspections, reviewing and preparing submissions on significant RMA plans and consents, planning and policy development. This is your opportunity to make a difference in conserving our region's natural resources.
This is a part-time position (24 hours per week).
Skills and experience
We would like to hear from you if you have some or all of the following attributes:
- A true passion for the environment and its sustainable use
- Well developed oral and written communication and negotiation skills
- A sound knowledge of resource management and conservation legislation
- A tertiary qualification in environmental law, resource management, or a related field
- Relevant work experience
- Strong computer skills
- The ability to work as part of a small but dedicated team
A job description can be downloaded from the Auckland/Waikato pages of the Fish & Game website: www.fishandgame.org.nz