i-SITE Travel Consultant - Mandarin Speaking
Advertiser: ChristchurchNZMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Aug 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Travel Agents/Consultants
Christchurch i-SITE Visitor Centre Mandarin Speaking Travel Consultant
The Christchurch i-SITE is looking for an experienced Mandarin speaking Travel Consultant to join the team on a permanent full time basis (min. 30 hours, Friday - Monday), with the flexibility to work up to 40 hours on rostered shifts, when required.
- Leading i-SITE in the Network
- Division of Regional Tourism Organisation
- Paid training provided
- Travel opportunities
The Christchurch i-SITE is a member of New Zealand’s official Visitor Information Network and is recognised by Tourism New Zealand as being the official provider of information and bookings for local, domestic and international visitors. As a division of ChristchurchNZ, the Christchurch i-SITE plays an important role in the delivery of tourism in the region. Our organisation aims to achieve maximum revenue returns for all stakeholders.
Applicants must have well developed verbal and written Mandarin and English language skills. We are looking for a staff member who is passionate and knowledgeable about Christchurch, Canterbury and the South Island. You will add value to our business by going the extra mile, striving to achieve goals and perform at a consistently high level. To succeed in this exciting role, you must have:
- Tourism qualification and/or Tourism industry experience
- Effective and accurate written and verbal communication skills in Mandarin and English
- Good Cantonese language skills
- In-depth geographical knowledge and travel experience of Christchurch, Canterbury and the South Island
- Able to assist Mandarin speaking clients online and through social media platforms
- Proficient use of office technology (i.e. Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer etc.)
- Proven sales track record
- An outgoing personality and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Motivation, drive and commitment to succeed
The i-SITE operates 7 days a week and you would be required to work between the hours of 8.00am and 8.00pm on a roster basis.
If you are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and are interested in this position then please deliver your CV and covering letter to:
28 Worcester Boulevard, The Arts Centre
To view the position description, please find it attached to the job our website https://www.christchurchnz.org.nz/careers
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 23 August 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a travel consultant?
- Do you have customer service experience?