Advertiser: Sir Peter Blake MERCMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Aug 2019
- Work Type
- Sport & Recreation, Coaching & Instruction
Sir Peter Blake MERC
Sir Peter Blake Marine Education & Recreation Centre (MERC) is a not for profit charity based at Long Bay, Auckland. We offer marine-based environmental education and outdoor recreational experiences to schools, other not for profit organisations and assorted business and corporate groups. For more information about MERC, please see our website.
The Sir Peter Blake Marine Education and Recreation Centre (MERC) is looking for vibrant and dynamic individuals to join our existing team of outdoor leaders.
We are looking for candidates with various experience to fill four instructor roles who are initially looking to work during our busy summer months. These are 8 month fixed term, part-time Leader positions which are currently available through until May 2020. Hours of work are rostered and may include some weekends. These roles also have the view to develop into casual positions throughout the year depending on seasonality.
You will be part of an enthusiastic team, delivering quality outdoor experiences to schools, corporate groups, and other not-for-profit organisations. You will support them in fostering MERCs mission statement of providing life-changing marine environmental education and outdoor experiences for young New Zealanders through the means of:
- Delivering various outdoor activities (land and water-based)
- Providing guidance on marine education to raise awareness of environmental sustainability and protection
- Helping to keep our facility clean and tidy
- Maintaining and checking gear
The ideal candidate will be passionate about our cause, energetic, versatile and fun to work with!
You may have some experience or relevant qualifications in the outdoors industry and have a genuine interest in continuing to grow and evolve in the outdoor recreation space. You will also be good at listening and can take guidance from other colleagues over daily tasks.
In addition to this, you will be able to work independently in a controlled setting consistently collecting information about the environment you are working in and be able to use this to make rational and sensible decisions. The ideal candidate will strive to bring life to the vision and mission of MERC and is willing to get stuck in!
- Passionate about the marine environment and the outdoors
- Ethical standards in-line with MERCs values and mission
- Legally able to work in New Zealand
- Industry recognised qualifications (former or in current study)
- Previous experience in the outdoors running outdoor activities
- First Aid qualified
- Have previous experience working with young children
- Knowledge of the outdoors including the marine environment
- Applications Close: 30 August 2019
- Practical Recruitment Day (for shortlisted candidates only): 7 September 2019
- Shortlisting and Interviews: 9-13 September 2019
- Start Date: 30 September 2019
*Clean police check mandatory
If this sounds like you, please apply with a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com, and remember to take a couple of minutes to fill in our survey and let us know how you found this opportunity!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have experience working with children?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Which of the following days and times are you available to work?