Advertiser: Mike Greer HomesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Aug 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
Mike Greer Homes is New Zealand’s largest independent residential construction company with operations throughout the country. With experience across a range of residential developments including standalone, medium density, social and retirement housing, Mike Greer Homes has established itself as the industry market leader.
We have a great finance team here at Mike Greer Homes; dedicated, hard-working and supportive of everyone achieving in their roles. Our recently appointed fixed-term accountant has joined us permanently and because here at Mike Greer Homes, delivering more is our goal, we’d like another person to join us.
Our successful candidate will be someone with 3– 5 years’ recent experience (in the NZ Construction sector would be advantageous). This role is focussed on providing efficient, responsive and comprehensive management accounting and business analysis support to the Mike Greer Homes finance team.
This role requires you to:
- Prepare monthly management accounts for part of the wider Mike Greer Group
- Reconcile balance sheets, prepare GST returns and monthly WIP reports
- Provide business analysis to the Financial Controller and CFO
- Maintain back office function, including reporting and testing
- Assist when necessary with wider team duties
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Preferably Chartered Accountant qualified with BCom or similar relevant tertiary qualification / experience
- 3+ years’ experience in either public practice or a management accounting role
- Experience in the construction sector advantageous
- Competitive remuneration with weekly pay
- Subsidised medical insurance
- A close knit team and supportive management
- Fantastic location overlooking Hagley Park
Please, follow the Seek “Apply Now” link to submit your application.
If you require more information, contact Lynn de Cort (National Recruitment) today on LDeCort@mikegreerhomes.co.nz . All communication is strictly confidential.
Please note, this role is NOT open for agency referrals.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as an accountant?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?