Construction Manager - Residential
Advertiser: Mike Greer HomesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Aug 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Tauranga
- Work Type
- Construction, Management
Mike Greer Homes is New Zealand's largest independent residential construction company with operations throughout the country. With experience across a range of residential developments including standalone, medium density, social and retirement housing, Mike Greer Homes has established itself as the industry market leader.
Our Tauranga Branch is seeking an experienced and competent Construction Manager to join our hard-working team. In this role you will responsible for the effective and efficient management of our builds; their standards and resource management to agreed times, budgets, quality and specification.
This role requires you to:
- Work closely with the Branch Manager, QS and Construction Administration, H & S representatives, Design & Consents, HR and IT
- Provide exemplary leadership to the Project Manager, Foremen, Builders and Contractors
- Oversee and guide positive H & S practices on all build sites for all stakeholders throughout the entire build progress
- Lead site members and foster collaborative, effective and positive work environments
- Provide technical guidance and support
- Deliver excellent customer service and communications
- Ensure Construction is completed on time to the set quality standards, specifications and Council standards
- Conduct regular site inspections
- Use our in-house computer system to manage up-to-date information
- Proactively manage workloads and priorities across multiple sites
- Regularly report to the Branch Manager
- Qualified Builder, with a tertiary qualification in Project Management (or similar )in the construction sector an advantage
- Strong working knowledge of the NZ Building Code, NZ Standards NZS3604 and the land development process
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in the residential construction industry
- Proven NZ experience in the residential build sector
- Recent experience working with clients, sub-contractors and Health and Safety
- Track record of successful time management and self-management
- Intermediate level of computer literacy, familiar with MS Office and able to learn new systems
- Proven leadership, adaptability, communication and negotiation skills
- Above all, be trust-worthy, act with integrity, open and honest, able to maintain confidentiality
- Competitive remuneration with weekly pay
- Vehicle & phone
- Subsidised medical insurance
- A close knit team and supportive management
Please use the Seek "Apply Now" link to apply.
If you require more information, contact Lynn de Cort today to find out more on LDeCort@mikegreerhomes.co.nz . All communication is strictly confidential.
Please note, this role is NOT open for agency referrals.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a construction manager?