Sir Peter Blake MERC - Senior Outdoor Leader
Advertiser: Sir Peter Blake MERCMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Aug 2019
- $45,000 - $54,999
- Work Type
- Sport & Recreation, Coaching & Instruction
Sir Peter Blake MERC
Sir Peter Blake Marine Education & Recreation Centre (MERC) is a not for profit charity based at Long Bay, Auckland. We offer marine based environmental education and outdoor recreational experiences to schools, other not for profit organisations and assorted business and corporate groups. For more information about MERC, please see our website.
The Sir Peter Blake Marine Education and Recreation Centre (MERC) is looking for a mature, vibrant, and dynamic individual to join our existing outdoor leadership team.
We are looking for a Senior Leader who is initially looking to work during our busy summer months. This is an 8 month fixed term, full-time Senior Leader position which is currently available through until May 2020. Hours of work are rostered and may include some weekends. This role also has the view to develop into a casual position throughout the year depending on seasonality.
The Senior Leader role is a core part of our Organisation. Senior Leaders support the Programme Manager in delivering MERC experiences that meet client objectives and Programme Manager design. This includes leading the instructional team in daily operations as well as delivering outdoor experiences to schools, corporate groups and other not-for-profit organisations.
You will be part of and lead an enthusiastic team, supporting them in fostering MERCs mission statement of providing life changing marine environmental education and outdoor experiences.
The ideal candidate will be a natural team leader with experience delivering outdoor education experiences. You will be able to work independently and can take initiative in taking ownership of MERCs vision and mission, making decisions to consistently support these. In addition, you will also be able to quickly adapt to the role and contribute to our existing team at a high-level.
- Effective team management skills
- Proficiency with teaching climbing, abseiling and high ropes (preferably with an industry recognised qualification)
- Confidence with a range of water activities: sailing, kayaking, canoeing etc. (preferably with an industry recognised qualification)
- Knowledge of Health and Safety practices including familiarity with the Adventure Activity regulations and the audit process
- High ethical standards in-line with MERCs values and mission
- Effective relationship builder and able to recognise, diffuse and effectively manage conflict
- Legally able to work in New Zealand
- Holds a First Aid Cert. (preferably PHEC)
- Background in the education sector
- Applications Close: 30 August 2019
- Practical Recruitment Day (for shortlisted candidates only): 7 September 2019
- Shortlisting and Interviews: 9-13 September 2019
- Start Date: 30 September 2019
*Clean police check mandatory
If this sounds like you, please apply with a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com, and remember to take a couple of minutes to fill in our survey (https://larisarobieson.typeform.com/to/GzU0Oz) and let us know how you found this opportunity!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have experience working with children?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Which of the following days and times are you available to work?