Beekeepers and Apiary Assistants
Advertiser: Arataki Honey LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Aug 2019
- Southland, Rest of Southland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Other
Arataki Honey trading as Greenvale Apiaries is looking for Beekeepers and Apiary Assistants to join our Southland team, 30kms north of Gore.
We are looking for new team members with varying levels of skills / experience.
Arataki Honey is one of the largest beekeeping operations in New Zealand, with hives spread across a large proportion of New Zealand’s North Island and southern South Island. People and Bees are at the heart of Arataki Honey. We are committed to good Bee health and work place enjoyment.
Arataki Honey is looking for team players and the ideal candidates will have / be the following:
- The ability to work flexible hours – some night / weekend work may be involved
- Physically fit and healthy – heavy lifting is involved
- A full and clean drivers’ licence (Class 2 / OSH Forklift / F endorsement is advantageous)
- Sound record keeping skills
- Willing to share knowledge and learn new ways of doing things
- Ability to listen to and follow instructions
- Practically minded
- Good work ethic must be reliable and honest
- Genuine interest in beekeeping
- Drug free – able to pass random drug tests
The following experience would be advantageous (but not essential):
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in New Zealand in a commercial beekeeping environment
- DECA qualification
- Hive maintenance/manipulation, splitting, swarm control, feeding, re-queening, disease prevention, honey harvesting and honey extraction
- Hive shifting and transportation
- Hive building and repairs
- Queen rearing experience
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety systems
We offer a great place to work, upskilling / training, opportunity for advancement and competitive remuneration based on skills and experience
This is a great opportunity for enthusiastic newbees and experienced beekeepers to progress their careers within a proven beekeeping outfit.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
A pre-employment drug test is required.
Please do not apply if you are allergic to beestings.
Please email in a CV and cover letter to
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?