Food and Beverage Service Manager
Advertiser: Te Pae Christchurch Convention CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Aug 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
Culinary Service Manager
Te Pae Christchurch Convention Centre
- Based in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Full time position
Opening in October 2020, Te Pae Christchurch is a world class convention centre, centrally located in the heart of Christchurch, the gateway to the magnificent South Island of New Zealand.
Te Pae is proudly managed by AEG Ogden, Asia Pacific’s leading venue management company and one of the world’s premier convention and exhibition management specialists. An exciting opportunity to be a part of Te Pae’s pre-opening team is now available.
We are currently looking to appoint a driven Culinary Service Manager to lead our Front of House Culinary Team. In this dynamic role you shall develop and lead a team of Coordinators, Team Leaders and Service Attendants within Te Pae to provide exceptional service to our clients. Manage client and contractual relationships in a commercial manner ensuring compliance and company policies are adhered to. Drive world class food service and support service solutions that exceed new and existing customer requirements. Review business performance and ensure delivery of key financial targets in line with management and performance reporting.
Demonstrate commercial value to your direct reports, line manager and Leadership teams, in line with the AEG Ogden vision, values and overall business strategy.
You will nurture a culture that delivers service excellence, high quality standards and values of manaakitanga, providing our clients an experience like no other.
- Management of the overall FOH Culinary Operations team with a ‘Hands On’ approach.
- Plan, manage & supervise F&B requirements for a high volume and wide variety of events
- Ensure all hospitality catering requirements are delivered in line with our client expectation.
- Venue Duty Manager whilst on duty
- Develop and maintain a full team of staff to ensure the highest levels of efficiency both operationally and guest experience wise.
- Communication with client and customers, responding to requests and feeding back.
- Communicating efficiently with Te Pae Culinary team to ensure all catering information is accurate and corresponds with Te Pae food catering information for each event.
- Managing the labour budgets and beverage cost of sale.
- Pay exceptional attention to detail, ensuring all standards and expectations are met and exceeded in providing a legendary experience for the client and visitors.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with and contracts with suppliers
- Responsibility of ensuring the safety of your team.
- Ensuring that your leadership team continually develop, implement and monitor activities that will enhance team development and engagement and loyalty.
- People Focused – Nurture your team and look after the clients
- Corporate Alignment – Align team to the business
- Results Orientation – Go the extra mile
- Responding to Customers – Take personal responsibility
- Integrity – Act on values and beliefs
- Working Together for the Business – Keep people informed
- Holding Others Accountable – Set performance standards
We would like you to have:
- 3 years recent experience in a similar role, managing multiple events and a large food & beverage team with a focus on client and customer service
- Senior management experience leading and inspiring operational teams to deliver results
- Excellent planning, organisation, communication and presentation skills
- Have creativity and a progressive approach and passion for hospitality
- Have a current Duty Managers License
- Ensure that staff and leaders are continually developing whilst implementing and monitoring activities that will enhance team development, loyalty and engagement
- Be able to self-motivate and motivate others
- Be both an operational and strategically focused individual
- Experienced in sales and profit management
The role requires flexible working hours, the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines. Salary will commensurate with experience.
Applicants must have New Zealand or permanent residency. The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal History Check.
If you meet the above criteria and want to be part of this exciting pre-opening opportunity with a world class convention centre in the heart of Christchurch, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close 5pm 18th August 2019.
AEG Ogden is part of AEG Facilities of the United States, a division of AEG, the world’s leading sports and entertainment company.
AEG Ogden manages venues throughout the Asia Pacific and Middle East, including Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, Cairns Convention Centre, Te Pae Christchurch (opening 2020), Darwin Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Oman Convention & Exhibition Centre (Muscat), and ICC Sydney; Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane; and arenas in Brisbane, Sydney, Newcastle, Perth, and Dubai. AEG Ogden is also progressing the new Brisbane Live arena and entertainment precinct. More information aegogden.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in event management?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for budget management & forecasting?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?