Communications and Events Assistant
Advertiser: Horticulture New ZealandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Aug 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Assistants/Coordinators
Horticulture New Zealand (HortNZ) represents the interests of New Zealand’s 5,000 commercial fruit and vegetable growers. It has 22 affiliated product groups and over 30 affiliated local and regional grower associations. HortNZ is an incorporated society and has about 30 staff based in its central Wellington office with some regional representatives.
HortNZ is responsible for working on key horticulture industry wide issues including Adverse Events, Biosecurity, Education and Training, Food Safety, Government Policy, Industry Strategy, Regulation, Resource Management Act and Trade Policy. For further information on the activities and functions of HortNZ visit www.hortnz.co.nz
The provision of communications and event management support and services to HortNZ and its affiliated product groups.
- Take responsibility for HortNZ’s social media presence and align activity with best practice
- Ensure there is regular, in most cases daily, proactive activity that promotes what HortNZ does for its grower members and makes clear, HortNZ’s position on key issues
- Monitor (morning, noon and late afternoon) what is being said about HortNZ in social media and on other online channels
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the HortNZ website is up to date, attractive and functional
- Play a key role in a project to redesign HortNZ’s website, starting with an audit of the current website, identification of main audiences, and scope of the functionality needed, now and in the future
- Help with the drafting of content for the current and new website
- Develop and maintain a photo library, which will provide HortNZ and the product groups with a range of topical and useful photos, all of which we have permissions for
- Develop advisory skills, working in partnership with the Communications Manager
Event management support
- Support the Event Manager to develop and run key annual events and conferences.
- Activities will include event coordination such as ticketing, registrations, dinner menus, runsheets, gathering speaker bios, etc.
- Provide support and liaise with third party suppliers: for example, sending photographers briefs, liaising with printers
- Support other industry development groups, as required
- Database and mailing list support
- A degree in Communications or a related discipline
- Some relevant work experience, perhaps on a voluntary or part time basis
- Experience with online communications technology and methods
- Initiative and self-motivation, and a commitment to excellence
- Attention to detail
- Well-organised and planned, and able to work autonomously while keeping others informed
- Customer focused and works well in a team
- An enquiring mind, proactively looking for service and operational improvements
- Driver’s license
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
If you would like a copy of the job description please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications to be sent to email@example.com by 5pm Sunday, 25 August 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?