Advertiser: Helena Bay LodgeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Aug 2019
- Northland, Whangarei
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Front Office & Guest Services
At Helena Bay Lodge we give our guests the very best that New Zealand has to offer aiming to exceed our guest's high expectations. We are currently seeking a Full Time Receptionist. This is a full time position where flexibility of availability is key. A successful candidate would be able to work across a 7-day week shift pattern including mornings, afternoons and evenings.
Duties are but no limited to as follows -
- Guest liaison as required including itinerary organisation, activity booking and vouchering; ensuring guest service is at the highest possible level
- Answering the phone in an efficient and professional manner
- Responding to all reservation enquiries in a prompt and courteous manner ensuring sales and room yield are maximized. Computing reservations accurately and communicating with guests / agents in professional written correspondence.
- Cashiering, guest account updates and performing the audit function
- Guest services as required; faxing, typing and so forth
- Ensuring the smooth running of each shift by informing all necessary staff members of relevant information
- Administering the reservation system
- Responsible for the daily running of hotel computer systems
- General lodge typing duties
- Ensuring the office is always clean, tidy and well equipped
- Maintain a good atmosphere amongst staff and set an example of good work ethics
- Duties as requested by the General Manager and Front Office manager.
We are looking for someone with front line hospitality experience, great computer skills and reservations systems knowledge is an advantage.
Staff benefits include
- Uniforms including shoes. Uniforms are laundered on site.
- Staff meals on rostered shifts.
- Possibility of accommodation in a staff house nearby for employees relocating from outside the Whangarei area.
In order to be considered for this position you must meet the following criteria:
- Have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand, for the entirety of the season (until 31st May 2020), ideally longer
- Have a FULL New Zealand drivers licence and a reliable car to transport yourself to and from work
- Be able to work all days and shifts, in a full-time capacity
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?