Assistant Venue Manager
Advertiser: WellingtonNZMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Aug 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Real Estate & Property, Residential Leasing & Property Management
Venues Wellington is a business unit of WellingtonNZ and responsible for securing, managing and delivering extraordinary events in the Michael Fowler Centre, The Opera House, TSB Bank Arena, TSB Bank Auditorium (Shed 6) and Academy Galleries.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Venue Manager who can support our Venue Manager to ensure the Michael Fowler Centre and Opera House are maintained to a high standard at all times. This role is crucial for ensuring the venue’s cleanliness and presentation, and that building repairs and maintenance are carried out efficiently. This position will work closely with a range of teams: Event Advisors, Facilities & Assets, Setup & Delivery, Guest Experience and Cleaning on behalf of the Venue Manager to deliver a seamless end to end customer venue experience.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Venue Manager in the efficient and customer focused delivery of event and non-event days in the venue
- Ensuring best advice and options are presented to Event Advisors to communicate to clients.
- Reviewing and supporting the implementation of operating procedures (SOPs) and processes in line with in house auditing standards.
- Creating and implementing systems, processes and procedures to increase efficiency and quality of event delivery.
- Coordinating any scheduled maintenance and managing all operational assets.
- Having oversight of logistical planning and delivery of all services and events in the venue.
- Taking an active role in identifying and mitigating any health and safety concerns to yourself and others.
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for a strong people leader and team player who comes with plenty of experience in venue management and has a customer driver focus. Our ideal person will have strong relationship management skills to work alongside a range of different stakeholders, clients and customers. You need a ‘can do’ attitude and be able to hit the ground running to manage and maintain our venues in Wellington.
The ideal person will bring to the role and team:
- Experience in venue management.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate information clearly to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Relationship management skills with a strong customer focus, proactively meeting customer /clients' needs.
- Be highly organised with strong planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Be solutions focused and a keen problem solver with the ability to think outside the box.
- Be able and willing to work on a roster which includes weekends and evenings.
Do you want to be part of a diverse organisation making a difference to Wellington? We would love to hear from you.
Please apply with your cover letter and CV. Applications close at 5pm, Thursday 22nd August 2019 and we’ll be in touch soon after the closing date with an update on your application. For more information on this exciting opportunity, please email People@Wellingtonnz.com. A Copy of the JD can be found on https://www.venueswellington.com/about-us/join-our-team/
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a venue manager?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?