Golf Operations Manager
Advertiser: The ClubroomMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Aug 2019
- Bay of Plenty, Tauranga
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Management
We are seeking a passionate, hands-on and organised golfer with exceptional customer service and people skills to join the Tauranga Golf Club and The Clubroom team as Golf Operations Manager.
Tauranga Golf Club
This popular golf course is a member-focused club with a range of fantastic programmes and facilities and continues to grow.
Be a part of Tauranga’s home of golfing excellence at The Clubroom, the custom pro shop providing a premium range of golf equipment and expert advice to golfers at any level at the Tauranga Golf Club.
Reporting directly to The Clubroom Manager, the Golf Operations manager will be responsible for ensuring the successful day-to-day running of golf operations through exceptional customer service, player coordination and pro shop operations. Join our team to drive pro shop sales and provide world-class customer service.
This key role is employed under The Clubroom Tauranga and is based at the Racecourse Reserve, Gate Pa, Tauranga Golf Club.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate the day-to-day golf operations in liaison with the Tauranga Golf Club committee and regional and/or national golfing bodies
- Collect and control green fees, scramble fees, tournament entries and administer electric golf carts
- Coordinate all pennant and other club event activity
- Manage the production of advance tee booking templates, the loading of club competitions and the production of the annual fixture book
- Coordinate and manage corporate day events by taking bookings and liaising with the event organiser to ensure setup is completed and end results are managed
- Assist in social media posts in various channels, including Facebook and Instagram
- Take membership enquiries and payments when the General Manager is away
Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of golf with a passion for the game. You will have previous experience managing people and consider yourself highly organised and efficient with excellent people skills, communication and customer service skills. Previous experience in event coordination liaising with multiple stakeholders is advantageous.
You will enjoy hands-on work, be an administration superstar and work well under pressure.
If you are a passionate and organised golfer looking for an exciting hands-on challenge, then APPLY NOW by sending through your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have experience in a sales role?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Do you have customer service experience?