Client Services Manager
Advertiser: Te Pae Christchurch Convention CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Aug 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Event Management
Client Services Manager
Te Pae Christchurch Convention Centre
- Based in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Full time position
Opening in October 2020, Te Pae Christchurch is a world class convention centre, centrally located in the heart of Christchurch, the gateway to the magnificent South Island of New Zealand.
Te Pae is proudly managed by AEG Ogden, Asia Pacific’s leading venue management company and one of the world’s premier convention and exhibition management specialists. An exciting opportunity to be a part of Te Pae’s pre-opening team is now available.
We are currently looking to appoint a Client Services Manager to lead the complete event process from event planning to event delivery.
The Client Services Manager will assist the Director of Event Services with the development, implementation and delivery of world class experiences.
You will nurture a culture that delivers service excellence, high quality standards and values of manaakitanga, providing our clients an experience like no other.
- Assist with the venue opening plan and Te Pae Business Plan implementation.
- Develop, implement and maintain departmental systems, policies and procedures and suggest improvements to continually meet business requirements.
- Assist the Director of Event Services with the development and implementation of services pricing and development of innovative and attractive services packages.
- Coordinate all requirements for large and complex conventions and events held within Te Pae.
- Through effective leadership and fostering of relationships, maintain a highly motivated team including the Senior Event Coordinator, Event Coordinator and Guest Assistants team.
- In conjunction with the Building Services team, manage all health, safety and security activities associated with the event planning and delivery process.
- Ensure client satisfaction during events through maintaining a high profile.
- Hold a degree in Event Management or equivalent.
- Have knowledge of event systems; ideally Ungerboeck.
- Have excellent experience in conference and/or event management.
- Will demonstrate a working knowledge of audio visual and technical requirements for events.
- Will have excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Will have a willingness to work collaboratively as part of a dynamic team.
- Can use own initiative and work well under pressure.
The role requires flexible working hours, the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
A Position Description for this role is available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must have New Zealand or permanent residency. The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal History Check.
If you meet the above criteria and want to be part of this exciting pre-opening opportunity with a world class convention centre in the heart of Christchurch, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close 5pm 23rd August 2019.
AEG Ogden is part of AEG Facilities of the United States, a division of AEG, the world’s leading sports and entertainment company.
AEG Ogden manages venues throughout the Asia Pacific and Middle East, including Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, Cairns Convention Centre, Te Pae Christchurch (opening 2020), Darwin Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Oman Convention & Exhibition Centre (Muscat), and ICC Sydney; Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane; and arenas in Brisbane, Sydney, Newcastle, Perth, and Dubai. AEG Ogden is also progressing the new Brisbane Live arena and entertainment precinct. More information aegogden.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have in event management?
- How many years' experience do you have as an events coordinator?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for budget management & forecasting?