Primary & Intermediate Schools Manager
Advertiser: Aktive - Auckland Sport & RecreationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Aug 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Other
About the organisation:
Aktive, a charitable trust, has been set up to achieve the vision of Auckland being the world's most active city. We are committed to helping people and communities across Auckland to live more active lives.
As a key strategic partner for both Sport New Zealand and Auckland Council, Aktive invests in organisations and initiatives that will increase and sustain participation and strengthen all parts of the sporting and recreational system. This is underpinned by our community sport strategy: The Auckland Approach to Community Sport – a vision for co-creating a world-class sport system in Auckland.
About the role:
Reporting to the Regional Schools Manager, you will be working as part of a skilled team focused on helping young people 5-12 years participate in sport, physical education, physical activity and play through a new initiative "Healthy Active Learning".
You will do this by supporting school leaders and teachers with fostering healthy and active school environments through the HPE curriculum.
Other aspects include identifying and developing opportunities for quality physical activity experiences for tamariki (in schools and communities) and supporting healthy eating and drinking behaviours and practices.
You will be:
- Action orientated with a ‘can do attitude’
- A thoughtful and experienced leader with the capability to influence changes in attitudes, behaviours and processes
- Experienced in strategically leading the design and implementation of medium to large scale projects that operate across multiple settings
- Have a strong understanding of wellbeing, physical education, youth sport, physical activity and play; and what quality experiences look like
- Skilled in partnering and managing stakeholders, teams and individuals to achieve quality outcomes
- A qualified teacher who has worked in a New Zealand school setting
This role will involve working at various locations throughout Tāmaki Makaurau and require the ability to be flexible with work hours, which will include some evenings and weekends.
A competitive salary package, plus company vehicle, are provided, and the organisation is committed to providing excellent professional development opportunities.
How to apply:
If you require the detailed role description, please email email@example.com and we would be happy to email you an copy.
Applications close Wednesday, 28 August 2019 at 5 PM
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?