Advertiser: International Culinary StudioMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Aug 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
International Culinary Studio is the world’s 1st online culinary studio offering accredited City & Guilds and NZQA Chef qualifications to students at home, globally.
The business commenced operating in 2016 and is based in Christchurch, with a growing team; it’s a great time to join this company and work in this dynamic, culinary education space.
The role of the Operations Manager is a full-time, hands-on role. The right person will be required to ensure growth, professional management and excellent performance of the business and its subsidiaries.
In a role that is packed with opportunity for growth, and in an international online culinary studio, that is truly best in class, our Operations role isn't to be missed. Based in our Christchurch office, you will be working with a dynamic bunch of people and in a business that is positioned for extensive global growth - it is certainly an exciting business to be involved with. If you are passionate about the hospitality industry and the online training space and want to join a business that has the prestigious City & Guilds accreditation as well as NZQA accreditation for the domestic market, read on.
We are looking for a truly unique individual and to be successful in this role you will:
Be a self-driven professional, and an expert in operations, business management, business development, have extensive IT experience, sales & marketing, and implementation, setting and managing budgets, forecasts and inventory, fixed asset and staff management, targets and performance.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
· You'll bring proven experience in a senior Operations role, with strong commercial know-how with the ability to help create and implement the strategic growth plan of the business
· Have a passion for education and experience within the online training space
· Extensive exposure to international markets with the ability to promote and grow the business globally
· Ability to work with accredited bodies to ensure legal compliance.
· Experience within the hospitality sector would be an advantage
· You will have the ability to identify and manage a quality management system, ensuring company policy, process and procedures are in place, and have the ability to streamline business and physical operations.
· Competent in business analysis, prioritising work, financial planning and budgeting and ensuring that you meet or exceed annual financial targets.
· Excellent leadership skills and people management, employee development and managing employee performance, recruitment and ongoing training and mentoring of the team.
· You'll have an ability to influence at all levels, demonstrating confidence and maturity in your communication and your ability to build effective relationships with all kinds of stakeholders.
· With superior organisational and problem-solving skills, you'll have the ability to deliver results effectively and at pace.
· Strong, constructive and collaborative leadership skills will be a key strength of yours.
· A proven track record in driving international sales & achieving targets within the online training space
· It is important that you are IT literate and are able to take full responsibility for the entire IT infrastructure of the business and its software applications.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills with a confident and influential presentation style and comfortable hosting webinars
· The ability to travel and attend various industry trade shows and expos.
· Extensive knowledge in digital marketing and social media,
· Previous eCommerce management experience
· Strong analytical and numerical skills
· Proven experience in Project Management, with thorough knowledge of project management methodology and a relevant Prince 2 qualification with experience managing multi work-stream projects
· Ability to work independently, be highly self-motivated and a self-starter with the ability to contribute to the company’s overall strategic vision.
· Highly motivated and driven to excel, with lots of passion and enthusiasm to delivery great business results, you will thrive in our fast growing, quickly changing environment.
This is an outstanding opportunity to grow your career and make an impact within a start-up business that has a goal to expand globally.
- How many years' experience do you have as an operations manager?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?