Event Services Assistant
Advertiser: Te Pae Christchurch Convention CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 31 Jul 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Event Management
Event Services Assistant
Te Pae Christchurch Convention Centre
- Based in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Full time position
Opening in October 2020, Te Pae Christchurch is a world class convention centre, centrally located in the heart of Christchurch, the gateway to the magnificent South Island of New Zealand.
Te Pae is proudly managed by AEG Ogden, Asia Pacific’s leading venue management company and one of the world’s premier convention and exhibition management specialists. An exciting opportunity to be a part of Te Pae’s pre-opening team is now available.
We are currently looking to appoint an energetic Event Services Assistant to provide support to the Event Services Department.
The Event Services Assistant position is an integral part of the event services team success and is expected to co-ordinate all aspects of the departments activities and contribute significantly to the overall culture and operation of Te Pae.
You will nurture a culture that delivers service excellence, high quality standards and values of manaakitanga, providing our clients an experience like no other.
- Co-ordinate all administrative needs for the Event Services department.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of the Ungerboeck event management system.
- Assist the Event Services department with all requirements, including quotations and event information
- Coordinate internal events held within Te Pae.
- Assist the Events Services leadership and wider team in maintaining all documentation relating to event planning and delivery.
- Promote Te Pae values by displaying a positive, warm and collaborative attitude, identifying needs for improvement.
- Develop effective relationships with all Te Pae Stakeholders through appropriate communication and a positive attitude.
- Hold a minimum of NCEA Level 3 with excellent english.
- Have knowledge of event management systems, ideally Ungerboeck.
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role within a convention centre, event management organisation or hotel.
- Will demonstrate a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Will have experience developing processes and procedures.
- Will possess excellent communication skills and a professional phone manner.
- Can use your own initiative and work under pressure.
The role requires flexible working hours, the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applicants must have New Zealand or permanent residency. The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal History Check.
If you meet the above criteria and want to be part of this exciting pre-opening opportunity with a world class convention centre in the heart of Christchurch, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close 5pm 14th August 2019.
AEG Ogden is part of AEG Facilities of the United States, a division of AEG, the world’s leading sports and entertainment company.
AEG Ogden manages venues throughout the Asia Pacific and Middle East, including Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, Cairns Convention Centre, Te Pae Christchurch (opening 2020), Darwin Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Oman Convention & Exhibition Centre (Muscat), and ICC Sydney; Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane; and arenas in Brisbane, Sydney, Newcastle, Perth, and Dubai. AEG Ogden is also progressing the new Brisbane Live arena and entertainment precinct. More information aegogden.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as an events coordinator?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?