Audio Visual Production Manager
Advertiser: Te Pae Christchurch Convention CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 31 Jul 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Event Management
AUDIO VISUAL PRODUCTON MANAGER
Te Pae Christchurch Convention Centre
- Based in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Full time position
Opening in October 2020, Te Pae Christchurch is a world class convention centre, centrally located in the heart of Christchurch, the gateway to the magnificent South Island of New Zealand.
Te Pae is proudly managed by AEG Ogden, Asia Pacific’s leading venue management company and one of the world’s premier convention and exhibition management specialists. An exciting opportunity to be a part of Te Pae’s pre-opening team is now available.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Audio Visual Production Manager to lead our Production team at Te Pae. In this dynamic role, you will deliver all audio visual, production and event set up requirements for events at Te Pae through the effective management of the Production Department.
As the Audio Visual Production Manager, you will ensure world class AV, production and event set up services, quality delivery and seamless coordination of AV, production and event set up services through effective planning and floor management and close collaboration with multiple departments to deliver to client and guest requirements.
You will nurture a culture that delivers service excellence, high quality standards and values of manaakitanga, providing our clients an experience like no other.
- Assist with the venue opening plan and Te Pae business plan implementation.
- Develop, implement and maintain departmental systems, policies and procedures.
- Manage the production sales process collaborating with the sales and planning teams and departments of Te Pae.
- Manage department budgets, financials and cost control.
- Develop effective relationships with all Te Pae business units and team members through appropriate communication and a positive attitude.
- Through effective leadership and fostering of relationships, and effective flow of communication maintain a highly performing and motivated team.
- Ensure collaboration with and integration of business partners and suppliers in the Te Pae way of doing business including clear communication of services, policies, processes and team culture.
- An Audio Visual Production Manager with a minimum of five years recent experience in a similar management Audio Visual, Production, and Event Planning role.
- Suitable Audio Visual certifications or equivalent work experience in a similar field.
- Will demonstrate experience in setting up of a world class venue project.
- Experience in convention centre environment or large venue, arena, or stadium.
- Extensive experience with client liaison, problem solving, and solutions oriented.
- Will demonstrate experience in leading and motivating teams to deliver to client needs and general excellence.
- A collaborative leader with excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Will have the ability to influence and negotiate with key stakeholders to achieve advantageous outcomes.
- Ability to think strategically, with an analytical and creative approach to problem solving.
The role requires flexible working hours, the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applicants must have New Zealand or permanent residency. The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal History Check.
If you meet the above criteria and want to be part of this exciting pre-opening opportunity with a world class convention centre in the heart of Christchurch, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close 5pm 23rd August 2019.
AEG Ogden is part of AEG Facilities of the United States, a division of AEG, the world’s leading sports and entertainment company.
AEG Ogden manages venues throughout the Asia Pacific and Middle East, including Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, Cairns Convention Centre, Te Pae Christchurch (opening 2020), Darwin Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Oman Convention & Exhibition Centre (Muscat), and ICC Sydney; Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane; and arenas in Brisbane, Sydney, Newcastle, Perth, and Dubai. AEG Ogden is also progressing the new Brisbane Live arena and entertainment precinct. More information aegogden.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a production manager?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for budget management & forecasting?