Veterinary Practice Manager
Advertiser: Carevets Business SolutionsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 31 Jul 2019
- Gisborne, Gisborne
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full-time Veterinary Practice Manager with leadership skills to join our fantastic team!
- Competitive remuneration
- A real focus on CPD – grow your career with us
- Non-corporate family workplace culture – join the CareVets family
About the Clinic
CareVets Gisborne is located in Whataupoko, to the northeast of Gisborne city, and has been part of the community for many years.
We are a companion animal practice with a great team of Veterinarians and Veterinary Nurses who are passionate about their furry clients, dedicated to providing them with the best possible care.
For more information, please visit: http://carevets.co.nz/branches/carevets-gisborne/
About the Role
As an experienced Veterinary Practice Manager you already have a pretty good idea as to the day-to-day requirements of being a great member of the dynamic clinical team behind any great clinic. Alongside this, you’ll be actively involved in leading this busy clinic. Here are just a few of the key responsibilities that you will be contributing to together with the rest of our team:
- Day-to-day administration including payroll, banking, debtors, creditors and inventory management
- Fostering an engaged team culture
- Coaching & supporting all nurses and the reception team
- Regular meetings with the head Veterinarian
- Regular staff meetings
- Performance reviews and goal setting
- Mucking in when needed – help with cleaning, reception, customer service, etc.
This role will be full-time.
- Genuinely care for pets, your colleagues and our clients
- Work well both in a team and independently
- High level of integrity and are interested in continued development
- Good communicator and have proven leadership skills
- Veterinary Nursing experience and/or relevant qualifications are a bonus but not essential
What’s on Offer?
- Generous remuneration - commensurate with experience
- Strong focus on CPD with an ongoing CPD allowance
- Non-corporate family workplace culture – become a member of the CareVets family
- Fantastic location, easy access with nearby amenities
- Work-Life balance is important to us, so hours are geared with this in mind
- Dynamic & supportive clinic team along with a responsive leadership team
- Access to a wide network of like-minded colleagues across the North Island (and the opportunities that come with such a network)
To express your interest in this role ‘apply now’ via SEEK with your CV and cover letter attached. Any applicants shortlisted will be contacted directly.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a practice manager?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?