Central Bark - Animal Care Coordinator
Advertiser: Central BarkMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 Jul 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
Central Bark is the premier doggy daycare, hotel, groomers, training school and exclusive pet shop in Auckland. Conveniently located in Parnell, this is a one-stop luxury pet care facility.
Our priority is to provide an enriching and safe environment for all our four-legged clients.
We are a far cry from most dog boarding kennels and catteries in Auckland, our state of the art facility has been custom built with safety, comfort and enjoyment in mind.
We are currently looking for a full time Animal Care Coordinator to join our team of passionate and knowledgeable industry professionals!
Our Animal Care Co-ordinator roles are extremely diverse, you will be working as a part of a team with key responsibilities including:
- Feeding pets according to the guests individual requirements.
- Administering medication according to the individual pets requirements.
- Transferring dogs throughout the business safely with expert lead control.
- Addressing individual behavioural problems with dogs and initiating training plans.
- Participate dog training classes teaching verbal and non-verbal commands.
- Bathing, blow-drying, cleaning ears, trimming nails and styling dogs.
- Delivering exceptional customer service to our customers answering questions they may have.
- Maintaining a commercial standard of cleanliness in all play areas and hotels. This includes inspecting, preparing, cleaning, disinfecting and maintaining the pet hotel suites and dog run areas.
- Exercising and playing with the dogs - we offer our canine clients structured and enrichment filled days with bubbles, ball pools, paddling pools, blanket forts and ice treats – just to name a few! All balanced with a well-earned nap time.
These roles require shift work which will be on a weekly roster from Monday till Sunday from anytime between 6am - 8pm at night, for the right candidate we can look to roster around your other commitments, but we will need to know your availability in advance.
This role will require weekend and public holiday work, plus possible overnight stays, so we will require flexible candidates able to help out when needed.
As our ideal candidate, you must have the following:
- Relevant industry experience in a similar work place environment or hold qualifications in a relevant animal care related field.
- Fluency in English.
- Be a quick thinker who is proactive and skilled at multi-tasking.
- Be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
In return for your passion, knowledge and dedication, you will be provided with a fun, supportive working environment, a competitive hourly rate, training and uniforms
If this sounds like you, Central Bark look forward to hearing from you!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected hourly rate?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)