Financial Accountant for Software Company
Advertiser: AmbitMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Jul 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- $70,000 - $85,000
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
Join an exciting software company focused on delivering conversational artificial intelligence. Ambit is rapidly growing and needs financial expertise assistance to get there. Your role is to maximise the effectiveness of our financial accounting and reduce our time to success. Customers are excited and buying, and your ability to manage finances will make this happen.
Here at Ambit, we are a values-based organisation. We strive for the Next Level, while never failing to Make it Happen and always remembering to Be Real, Be Kind. If you operate with these values, you should read on.
This is an opportunity for an aspiring Accountant who wants to take their career to the next level. You will be in charge of accounts, comprehensive end of month reports, setting up processes and the like.
The success of this role will be measured by how well you organise and compile financial documentation and reporting needs. You are timely and accurate with correspondence and execution of tasks. You have a strong ability to juggle time-sensitive tasks simultaneously. You have an innate ability to persevere when the going gets tough. You are a highly proactive individual who will see what needs to be done before being asked. Diligence is your guiding principle.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who can work 3 days a week, or 24 hours a week but with an interest to grow to full time eventually. We are flexible around this. Ideal for school hours.
Ambit is in the third year of our journey. We have secured amazing enterprise household brand names in NZ. People understand what we have and are keen to engage and buy our offering. We have 2 partners in the Australian market and building a direct in-market presence. Our aspirations are global, and we will continue to grow internationally. This is the perfect time to join a well-capitalised business creating something that will genuinely change the technology landscape. We offer a flexible work environment which means agreed days from home and work hours.
- Review and approve expenses and bills
- Liaise with PwC for Accounting
- Assist PwC as required for EOY fin stats
- Setting up finance processes and policies
- Revenue and expense accrual management
- Support client invoicing management
- Support budget management
- Month-end P&L and Balance Sheet
- GST return
- Process supplier payments and cash management
- Callaghan, NZTE and SCIF reporting
- Review of Payroll and process of payroll journals
- Banking and cash flow
- Financials for Rent, Property, Lease
- Supplier commercials
- Spotlight Reporting
- Data input
- Monthly Reports
- Innovate add new as required
- You will have prior experience in finance management
- High attention to detail
- Experience in NZ Accounting environment
- SaaS industry experience
- Revenue recognition understanding
- Xero and spreadsheet skills essential, Spotlight Flowrev and SmartPayroll ideal
- You will always use your initiative, looking for what can be done to help without being asked
- You will have the ability to juggle time-sensitive tasks simultaneously
- Willing to put in the hard yards for end of month reporting
- Excellent numerical/written/verbal communications including proofreading
- Prioritising and follow-through skills
- Ability to predict what needs to be done next
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?