Advertiser: Rapid Metal Developments (NZ) LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jul 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Maintenance & Handyperson Services
Position: Yard Hand
Background: Rapid Metal Developments (NZ) Ltd is a British owned, International Formwork, shoring and scaffolding Supplier based in New Zealand for 50 years.
We are now seeking an Yard Hand.
The successful applicant will be self-motivated and able to work as part of a progressive team. You will have proven experience in a similar hands-on role preferably within the construction industry and MUST hold a forklift licence.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring compliance with existing Health and Safety policies and ensure safe work practices
- Assist in ensuring workload is planned and dispatched in accordance with customer requirements
- Loading of and unloading daily customer pickups and returns
- Order & Stock Transfer Picking, including Counting & Checking of Returns
- Fleet Maintenance
- Bi-annual Stock Take Preparation & Execution
- Assist in the recording, reporting and compliance of the Safety management System
To be successful in the role you must have:
- Uncompromising safety ethos
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good communication skills; both written and verbal
- Great time management skills
- Ability to build great rapport with customers and team members
- Ability to multitask and work towards deadlines
- Fit and able to lift 25kg
- Maintain efficiency and effectiveness when workload fluctuates
- A positive, 'can-do' attitude and enjoy working proactively as part of a team
In this role you will report directly to the Logistics officer.
Hours of work 7:30 - 4 pm Mon-Fri, but may be required to work overtime from time to time.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?