Advertiser: Affco NZMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jul 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Labour
South Pacific Meats Malvern is seeking a suitably experienced Livestock Worker for our stock yards to fill a vacancy in the new season.
Responsibilities include: receiving stock, completing all documentation and preparing kill agendas, animal welfare, cleaning and presenting stock for processing.
Currently the season is slowing with a short break scheduled however during our current processing window working hours are 8-11+ a day, five to six days a week until this short break.
Successful applicants must demonstrate the following:
- Patrolling, inspecting and reporting on the condition of livestock
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent stockmanship, with an empathy for animal welfare
- Sound understanding of compliance and regulatory requirements
- A commitment to health and safety
- Attention to detail
- Providing livestock with feed and water
- Assisting with maintaining the health and welfare of livestock
- Herding sheep and keeping mobs separate
- Be able to work on a roster including weekends
We require a clear drug test and a copy of ACC history before applicants can be considered for a position at our plant.
If you are looking to be challenged, want to join a successful, growing organisation and one of these positions interests you, please forward your CV and ACC history:
Post: James McFarlane, Personnel Coordinator, PO Box 8, Rolleston 7643.
Phone: 03 347 6681.