Retail Assistant / Nutrition Advisor
Advertiser: Raw EssentialsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jul 2019
- Auckland, Rodney & North Shore
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Retail & Consumer Products, Retail Assistants
About Raw Essentials
Raw Essentials provides raw, natural food for cats and dogs, along with advice and education for owners, through our growing network of stores. We believe that a natural, species-appropriate, 'raw meaty bone' diet for cats and dogs is the best fit for their biology. And, sourcing ethically and operating sustainably underpins everything we do.
We're looking for someone with a great attitude who is eager to learn and provide our furry, four-legged customers and their owners with a consistently outstanding level of service. Full training in all aspects of raw feeding for cats and dogs will be provided. A qualification and experience in vet nursing or the companion animal industry is useful but definitely not essential.
If you have a flair for customer service, excellent communication skills, great attention to detail and an enthusiasm for natural animal health & well being, we'd love to hear from you.
About Our Role
We are looking for an amazing team player to work full-time (approximately 40 hours a week from Tuesday to Saturday) at our busy Glenfield store.
All candidates must have some flexibility to cover or swap shifts at our other locations when required.
About Your Responsibilities
In addition to customer service and keeping the shop looking amazing, you'll be providing advice and education for pet owners, to help their dogs and cats eat their way to better health with a species appropriate, 'raw meaty bones' diet.
We sell frozen pet food – lots of it! Our shops get regular deliveries, so as well as being great with the customers and their pets, you'll need to be strong, active and willing to get 'stuck in', in order to unpack deliveries and keep the freezers fully stocked.
Key responsibilities include:
- Customer service and case management
- Stock management & stock control including restocking freezers
- Day to day running of the shop
- Maintenance of customer records and internal communications
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have experience in retail and an excellent customer service focus
- Have strong, effective communication skills and good interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and able to multitask effectively
- Demonstrate a good work ethic & attention to detail
- Be able to work well independently or as part of a team
- Be passionate about natural animal health & well being
- Have background knowledge/personal experience of raw feeding cats/dogs, or a strong interest in raw feeding
- Have no issues with lifting heavy boxes (up to 20kgs) of stock
Applicants for this position must have the right to work in New Zealand. Hourly rate will be dependent upon skills and experience and employees enjoy a staff discount.
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Which of the following days and times are you available to work?
- Do you have experience using point of sale (POS) software?
- How many years' experience do you have in the retail industry?
- What's your expected hourly rate?