Health & Safety - Risk & Compliance Advisor
Advertiser: New Zealand Oil Services LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jul 2019
- Wellington, Wellington Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Health, Safety & Environment
At NZOSL we are leaders in fuel management, operating in eight terminals throughout NZ. We provide safe and efficient receipt, storage and transfer of products including petrol, diesel and aviation fuels. Our services include the operation, engineering and maintenance of bulk fuel storage assets.
We are seeking a confident team member with complementary skills to join our growing Risk and Compliance Team.
As the Risk and Compliance Advisor you will:
- Support NZOSL’s risk, safety and environmental framework.
- Be a “go to” for regulatory compliance advice.
- Deliver specialist expertise and guidance to a range of stakeholders, including our workforce, customers, shareholders, and the regulator.
- Develop best practice processes and tools to ensure continuous improvement.
- Routinely check that activities performed under our Safety Management System are being conducted to a suitable standard.
- Monitor performance of control measures designed to minimise risk and track corrective actions.
To succeed in the role, you must have:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a compliance, risk management or HSSE practitioner role, or experience in quality management programmes and formulation of quality control policies and procedures in a safety critical environment
- Proven ability to build rapport and maintain constructive and effective relationships
- Experience with IT systems used for risk management and safety management systems
- Sound project coordination experience, with well-developed verbal and written communication skills
To obtain a copy of the job description, visit our website www.nzosl.co.nz/current-opportunities.
To apply, click the "apply for this job" now. Applications close 5pm 23th July 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Which of the following Work Health & Safety qualifications have you obtained?
- Are you familiar with the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) standards?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?