Advertiser: Helena Bay LodgeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jul 2019
- Northland, Whangarei
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Waiting Staff
We are currently seeking Wait Staff to join the service/restaurant team at Helena Bay Lodge, a seasonal luxury lodge, located in Northland, New Zealand. The restaurant at Helena Bay Lodge is a consultancy of Don Alfonso 1890, a two Michelin star restaurant in Southern Italy. This position is well-suited to passionate hospitality candidates who enjoy providing an exceptional standard of service in a fine dining environment.
This is a full time, seasonal position beginning 19th Aug 2019, which requires flexibility and commitment. The roster includes morning, afternoon and late evening shifts over all days of the week, including public holidays. There is the possibility for candidates who complete a successful first contract to return for a second season.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous hospitality experience (superyacht or high-end hospitality experience a bonus)
- Have a passion for food and beverage
- Have a good command of verbal and written English
- Have excellent attention to detail, an ability to multitask and use initiative
- Have excellent customer service skills and an ability to understand and respond to individual guest needs
Staff benefits include
- Full training
- Uniforms including shoes. Uniforms are laundered on site.
- Staff meals on rostered shifts
- Possibility of accommodation in a staff house for employees relocating from outside the Whangarei area.
Job duties include:
- Greeting and interacting with guests with a professional and positive attitude
- Preparation, set up and clean up for all meal services, picnics, in room dining and private dining
- Food and beverage service for all meals
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the dining wing
- Liaising with the Maitre D regarding stock management for all F&B related items
- Taking all practicable steps to ensure and maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- Proactively dealing with guest queries, requests and complaints
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the management team
In order to be considered for this position you must meet the following criteria:
- Have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand, for the entirety of the season (till 31st May 2020)
- Have a FULL New Zealand drivers licence and a reliable car to transport yourself to and from work
- Be able to work all days and shifts, in a full-time capacity
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?