Junior / Intermediate Mechanical Draughtsperson
Advertiser: IMO Group LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jul 2019
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Engineering Drafting
We are designers and manufacturers of world class commercial and residential furniture. We're a company of smart, curious and ambitious people and we're passionate about what we do. Every day is different. We love big challenges. We like to roll up our sleeves, do what we say and follow through.
We work alongside New Zealand's top manufacturers to make our parts which come together for assembly and distribution from our warehouse (office and showroom) located in Parnell, Auckland. We are on the hunt for a Junior to Intermediate Mechanical Draughtsperson to create the drawings required to manufacture the products our customers want and love. Our philosophy is about constantly refining, improving and iterating to create products that are simple, durable and beautiful. It's about where joy meets practicality – we call it Happy Modernism.
We are looking for that special someone with a great eye for detail with excellent computer and or CAD skills. Experience with Solidworks or 3D Parametric CAD would be an advantage.
You will thrive in a job where you can focus on core tasks but will also jump at the opportunity to help the wider team when the pressure is on. A keen eye for detail and the ability to deliver accurate and complete drawings is a must.
The core focus of the role is to build and maintain configurable models and the deliverables required, including BOMs, drawings and cut files for manufacture, assembly and delivery of product.
- Practical and have a good understanding of materials and manufacturing processes
- Able to quickly and accurately interpret information either written or spoken
- Able to create models and drawings confidently; applying best practice
- Confident and self-motivated
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise effectively and deliver to timeframes
- Willing to learn new systems and processes
- Collaborative and work well with others
- Exposure to computer modelling and drawing, with
- Parametric CAD (Solidworks or similar) capability an advantage
- Experience in drawing of product for manufacture including: machining, cutting, folding, fabrication, casting, extrusion, wood work and upholstery would also be advantageous
- Confidence in building equations in Microsoft Excel
- Exposure to the Adobe Creative Suite (advantageous)
- A collaborative and supportive team environment
- A creative and spacious workplace
- People who are passionate about their product, service and customers
- On-site parking for bikes and close to transport links
- Flexible working hours if you would like to start earlier or later in the day
- Full training in our methodology and work practice
Please apply through Seek sending your CV and a covering letter.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a mechanical draftsperson?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?