Advertiser: LinkPeopleMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jul 2019
- Waikato, Hamilton
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Housing & Homelessness Services
LinkPeople believes that everyone has the potential to live well and the right to a healthy home. Having a home and successfully navigating social services are both critical success factors in delivering positive health outcomes. LinkPeople links people to healthy and affordable homes, and the right support services for their health and wellbeing needs. We help people to be contributing members of their communities, good tenants and great neighbours.
This position is a Casual role, Casual roles are to cover leave for permanent staff - the hours of work are not regular and are offered when they become available. This position will be based in Hamilton.
The purpose of this role is to work alongside people using our services to connect them with the right services that meet their needs.
We are looking for a Service Navigator who will support individuals and families with multiple and complex needs. Someone who is culturally attuned and has a strong sense of social justice, thinks outside of the square and creates opportunities for the people they support.
You will be working for our need’s assessment service coordination team.
You will grow your awareness about, and work closely with, other agencies in the housing, health and social services space. You will have relevant experience in supporting individuals and families with multiple and complex needs.
- Knowledge of the health and social services sectors, in particular the NGO and community sector.
- Relevant qualification in health or related and understanding and apply principles of wellness and recovery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of Treaty of Waitangi principles.
- Full New Zealand driver’s licence.
Ideally you will also have:
- Knowledge and belief in Housing First philosophy and strategies.
- Knowledge of relevant standards and legislation.
- A first aid certificate
In this role, you can look forward to flexible work arrangements, extra leave and a great team around you every day working in an organisation that believes in its’ purpose. Be part of a supportive work environment where life balance is encouraged, people are valued and new solutions are the norm!
To view a full position description, please copy and paste the following link into your browser:
APPLICATIONS CLOSE Monday 22 July 2019
PLEASE NOTE this advert may close if a suitable candidate is found prior to the closing date.
Please contact Kylie McKee, 027 201 1137 if you have any questions.
For further information, visit our websites www.linkpeople.co.nz
**All new appointees require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a full New Zealand full driver’s licence?
- Do you have a relevant qualification in health or a related field?
- Do you have knowledge of the health and social services sectors, in particular the NGO and community sector?