Advertiser: LinnaeusMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jul 2019
- Gisborne, Gisborne
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
Linnaeus is the market leader in grapevine diagnostics and soil microbiological testing, and are proud to provide world class diagnostic testing and research and development in plant and soil health, water, food and air quality. An IANZ accredited family owned business, our high performing team provides food manufacturing, horticulture, district councils, schools, ports and other local industries with efficient results and friendly service.
We are seeking a high-performing Laboratory Supervisor at our multidisciplinary laboratory in sunny Gisborne. Reporting to the Manager, this is a leadership focused operational role, working in all aspects of the business. This role leads permanent and seasonal staff to ensure excellence in testing, following quality management systems and maintaining efficiency.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience:
- Tertiary qualification in science, preferably chemistry or microbiology
- At least 5 year’s work experience in an analytical testing laboratory, working in chemistry, microbiology, or molecular biology
- Experience working in an IANZ accredited laboratory as a KTP
- IANZ Technical Expert experience is an advantage
- Working knowledge of QLIMS is an advantage
- Leading and supervising team members, and seasonal staff when required
- Uphold IANZ accreditation and quality management systems
- Development of method improvements, implementation, documentation and staff training as required
- Ensure all laboratory testing is accurately documented, carried out on time and to the required standard
- Achieving KTP status across all testing
- Participates in the company’s testing and supports sample collection
- Collaborates with the Molecular Diagnostics Manager and Manager in delivering R&D programmes
Skills and attributes:
- Highly organised with the time management skills to prioritise and delegate competing activities to ensure customer timelines and expectations are delivered
- Approaches tasks methodically and demonstrates problem solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours when required
In this multidisciplinary role, you will be able to work both on and in the business, demonstrating your commercial acumen, aptitude for continuous improvement, and drive to continually enhance business performance. You will be able to thrive in a busy but rewarding environment, as part of a committed team undertaking new development opportunities and supporting the community in which we operate.
Download the job description from our website: https://www.linnaeus.co.nz/about-us/join-our-team/
To apply, please click the "Apply Now" button below and send your resume with a cover letter addressing the above criteria.
Closing date for applications is 5pm, Friday 2nd August 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?