Mechanical Design Drafter
Advertiser: Alton Drilling LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jul 2019
- Waikato, Rest of Waikato
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Engineering Drafting
About the business
Alton Drilling is a proudly Kiwi owned and operated company. Alton's main drilling focus is mineral exploration in all types of ground conditions and all types of locations in New Zealand and overseas.
Using the latest drilling equipment and technology, combined with a wide range of experience spanning more than 35 years, Alton Drilling has demonstrated capability to grow and develop highly skilled teams.
About the role
We are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer for Alton Drilling. We provide drilling services for exploratory diamond drilling and have carved out a niche in the drilling sector by designing and building our own drilling rigs and ancillary equipment for sale. We design and manufacture rigs and equipment for suppliers around the globe.
Design Drafting of mechanical equipment will make up the majority of the role, integrating new equipment into existing drilling rigs. The primary CAD package is SolidWorks. Initially you will be working on individual projects and based upon competency, running bigger or team projects may become part of your role.
- Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering degree (or similar)
- Significant level of mechanical design drafting
- Can Capably use SolidWorks & AutoCAD to design/draft manufacturing drawings
- Mechanical equipment design experience
- Can maintain and develop customer relationships
- Above average verbal and written communication skills
This is a varied role with a young and vibrant company who have more of a family vibe. This is a workplace with an industrial design workshop feel, with facilities to complete most tasks in house.
This is an ideal role for someone seeking a Mechanical Design Drafting role alongside a team of like-minded people that enjoy both design and hands on engineering. It would suit a uni leaver to intermediate with 1-2 years experience.
We would appreciate drawing examples as supplementary information as part of your application.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Sarah Palmer +6421726679 or email email@example.com. Applications close on the 22 July 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering drafting / engineering design?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?