Van Driver & Van Assistant
Advertiser: Hutt City KindergartensMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jul 2019
- Wellington, Hutt Valley
- Work Type
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Public Transport & Taxi Services
Who are we?
Hutt City Kindergartens have been growing young learners for 90 years in Lower Hutt, providing quality and affordable early childhood education. Our teaching teams are passionate about providing rich learning environments where children can explore, develop and have fun. We welcome people who can share in that passion.
We are a not-for-profit dedicated to making quality early childhood education accessible to all. We have 19 kindergartens throughout the Hutt Valley, including Stokes Valley, Central Hutt, Western Hill and Wainuiomata. We are proud to be an integral part of our local community and celebrate our cultural diversity and identity.
This service is being run for our Kindergartens in the Hutt Valley area. The role would be for a minimum of 10 hours per week. Approximately one hour before session (8am-9am ish) and one hour post session each day (2pm-3pm ish). As more children are added to the service these hours could increase.
- Drive or Ride along in the van to pick up and drop off children
- Ensure the safety of children at all times
- Collect children from their parents (front door) before session
- Return children to parents (front door) after session
- Be responsible for the wellbeing of children in the van
- Ability to develop positive relationships with children.
So what are we looking for?
You'll be an energetic and versatile individual, kind, caring and an outstanding communicator.
- Have a clean and valid Driver's Licence
- Obtain a clean Police Vetting Check
- Be eligible to work in NZ
If this sounds like you, email your covering letter, CV and any other supporting documents to email@example.com.
Applications close 5pm Friday 9 August 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Are you licenced to drive a manual vehicle?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?