Assistant Project ManagerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jul 2019
- Auckland, Manukau & East Auckland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Project Management
We are an Auckland company based in Penrose with established international partners supplying leading edge product and technology. We operate in the manufacturing and construction industries manufacturing and installing commercial aluminium joinery, curtainwalls and facades.
Due to a large forward workload we are seeking to employ an Assistant Project Manager. Your role will include assisting with the Project Management from initial planning stages to installation, to ensure the smooth running of projects.
It is expected that you will be able to hit the ground running with proven construction experience; together with a technical knowledge to be able to resolve issues that may arise, and excellent time management skills. If you are involved in construction and looking for a different challenge we can provide that.
The successful applicant must be competent in MS Office & MS Project. It could be useful to have a working knowledge of CAD but not required. You will also have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Duties can include:
- Assist the project managers to meet safety, quality and programme requirements.
- Monitoring and reporting on project status.
- Weekly reporting on related issues.
- Assist the project managers to organize project teams and onsite installers for effective and efficient project delivery.
The following qualities in an assistant project manager would be advantageous:
- Tertiary/trade qualification
- Strong curtain walling/facade experience
- Attention to safety and quality
- Ability to multi task
- Local experience
In return we can offer;
- an immediate start if desired
- autonomy and growth with your role
- competitive salary package including a company vehicle, laptop & mobile phone
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project manager?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?